Sunday, May 10, 2015

What a great morning!  The weather at 6:30 AM was perfect for getting out into the garden and dig.  I finally accumulated everything I needed to work the beds and frame them in so the chickens don't eat everything I plant.

I'm still not done but next weekend should be the last of seed planting and structure building.  In the raised beds I will have:

  • Kale  (seedlings are on porch)
  • Broccoli  (seedlings are on porch)
  • carrots
  • onions
  • parsnips
  • beets
  • radishes
  • lettuce
  • swiss chard
  • bush beans
  • garlic is up and about 8" tall in a bed of its own
I have basil seed from last year that I'll start after my morning run on Tuesday.  I'm all booked up with doing driver's recertifications from Monday through Thursday.  I also have dill to plant.

On the window sill there's 3 kinds of tomatoes and the Japanese eggplant that I like.  They'll go in the bucket garden.

I'm not sure where the squash will go yet.  I also have broccoli raab but where to put it?  Flea beetles will attack that with a vengeance.  Maybe on the porch?

Till next time...

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a really nice garden from the sounds of it!!! Please post pictures if you get around to it, on how they are doing!!! God bless

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! Things have become a little difficult around here. Mom had a heart attack Memorial Day and I've been attending to her a lot more. I'm behind on a lot of things. Youngest son left last night for the navy. They are putting him through school to be a doctor.

      Middle son got married and we just helped them move into their house with much painting, etc.. done. We're ready for a break! I'll be blogging as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by. God Bless!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete