Sunday, August 30, 2015

Front Porch Garden

Eggplant:  This is 3 plants in an Earth Box.

I used 2 of these boxes and they are the best growing of the whole garden.  Self watering and mineral enriched soil.








I bought these 3qt buckets at the Dollar Tree to grow herbs in until I find a good place for them.  This is Spanish oregano that took FOREVER to germinate.  The thyme took a long time too though.


Lettuce leaf basil.  We love it on sandwiches and of course brushetta.  Huge mild flavor leaves.






I grew 4 different kinds of lettuce in window boxes.  This worked great.  I have been using rock dust (Azomite) which is similar to the Dolomite the Earth Boxes use.






My lemon balm has nearly disappeared from the garden.  I transplanted into a pot so I was able to relocate.  As fall temps approach I'll be more active out there making changes for the 2016 garden.  



That's all for now.  We have a lot to do today so Monday I will get more pics and give a few sneak peaks of what I plan to do during those extreme cold months ahead!




No comments:

Post a Comment