Thursday, March 28, 2013

Weather is not cooperating

Our weather has been cold and snowing.  My light set up has been very useful.  I never expected to have my broccoli and kale under light, but it's just been too cold to plant out and even too cold for the night time temperatures of the greenhouse.

So my light set up seedlings have grown to the point that they need transplanted.  I think I may put them in the greenhouse under cover.  I have a new flat planted with lettuce, 2 varieties of eggplant, 2 varieties of tomatoes, miniature green peppers.

I'm considering selling hanging baskets with tumbling tom tomato plants in them.  My daughter lives in the city of Pittsburgh and her neighbors are really into farmers markets and organic foods.  I know I could sell some there.

My eggplants will most likely be planted in containers on our deck to save them from the flea beetles.  The arugula will go out on the deck in a giant window box.  Some day I will try to have a permanent patch in the yard.  It does reseed well.

I'll plant out the onions on saturday because it is the only time I have to do it!  They say it should be a full moon but my life is so busy I have to do things when I am able.

Mom wants a small garden this year and so we are building her some raised beds.  The end of April is when we'll set them up and transplant for her.  I'll make that a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment