Saturday, July 5, 2014

I seem to document the garden much better on paper in my journal.  But I will do a basic run down of where I am on this day, July 5, 2014.

  1. We began the season with rain gutter gardening.  Several plum tomato plants, Prudens heirloom tomatoes, Ping tung long eggplant, Pablano Ancho peppers, Jupiter green pepper.
  2. I grew Dinosaur kale for daughter and started a few for me rather late.  They are planted in a grow box.
  3. We have been harvesting snow peas for 2 weeks now out of window boxes that husband built.  Very large.
  4. Also have 4 zucchini plants in same set of boxes.
  5. About 8 lettuce leaf basils in (8)  4" containers to be transplanted at later date.
  6. Butter Crunch lettuce in 18" round pot.
  7. Bee Balm needing transplanted in gutter garden for bee attraction.
  8. Very cute frogs are living in the pond and make delightful sounds.
  9. Cucumbers (Boston Pickling) in raised beds.
  10. Huge pot of parsley on deck.
  11. Small pot rosemary on deck.
  12. Pot of swiss chard needing transplanted in raised bed.
  13. Masai beans need planted as well as beets
  14. Sowed winter acorn squash seed but no germination yet.  
  15. Fennel has not germinated yet either.
I plan to weave a fence out of the wild and wonderful wisteria.  

No comments:

Post a Comment