Thursday, November 13, 2014

More Garlic

Well, I had enough garlic left to plant another bed, but not another bed available :(

I've decided to plant it in containers in the unheated greenhouse.  It should be warm enough in there to establish some roots before the real cold weather is on us.

I've saved a couple ounces of acorn squash seed.  It was delicious.  We have 2 left.  I did an apple, walnut, raisin, cinnamon stuffing with butter in them and everybody really liked it so I'll do a repeat.

Also saved basil seeds but I haven't removed them from the cut stems yet. Still in the bag drying.  I did root basil cuttings and planted in one container. It's growing fine.

I'm considering growing lettuce on the window sill now.  I probably will.  So expensive in the stores.  Well, until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment