Monday, August 11, 2014

Just In Time Before The Rain

I do feel blessed.  I got everything done at the top of my list before the rains came.  My outdoor list anyway ;D


  • Shoveled dirt and weeds from more patio stone paths and deposited it into the empty garlic bed.  The dirt leaked from the bottom of the beds and included compost and rotted manure.  It really is beautiful dirt and I couldn't bring myself to throw it in the compost pile.  The garlic will adore it I'm sure!
  • Tiny clean up in the lower deck/shelter.  waiting for husband to remove his wood so we can use it again.  why does everything with a roof get used as a shed around here?  :/
  • Fed the gold fish, visited with the resident toads.  I used to have a little toad house but it was never occupied.  One day when I was weeding around the bed corners I uncovered a toad.  I've decided to leave a bit of weed patches around for them to hide in.  They have a little habitat here. every year they lay eggs in the pond and we have tadpoles to watch. When they come out of the pond they go everywhere.  I want them to stay and eat the bugs.
  • Fed Bertha my only surviving Prudens heirloom tomato plant.  This is irritating, I sent pictures from my phone to my email an hour ago and they haven't arrived.
  • Planted seed.  Blue curly kale, purple sprouting broccoli, cashflow zucchini just in case current plants poop out on me ~ they look as though they might.
  • I want to plant turnips.  Love mashed turnips with butter.  Not sure I'll have space for everything now though.
  • Staked the not-so-early Early Girls.
Now for the indoors list.  Bye.  

No comments:

Post a Comment