Thursday, August 28, 2014

Zucchini Plants

I transplanted the 3 zucchini plants yesterday and now today I find that one of them has died already.  I mean really dried up dead.  The other 2 are fine. I need to take a better look.  Perhaps the squash bugs are here.  

This is why I planted them on the porch to begin with.  The nasty squash bugs.  I haven't seen any yet.  I had believed I fooled them.  Like I said, I'll have to inspect it and see what happened.

I'll transplant some of the kale and purple sprouting broccoli in window boxes on the porch.  Flea beetles attack those veg.  I'll put most in a raised bed though.  Dust with diatemaceous earth.  Diatemaceous earth will kill them when they crawl over it.

Note to self:  do not promise anyone I will do anything for or with them on Saturday!!!  Work in the garden!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment